I know you are out there, and I know that as you go about your day to day life, you are looking for the one you will marry. I hope you are looking for the bubbly, optimistic girl with the genuine smile on her face. The one who belts it out in the car (even though she can't sing worth crap), dances in the rain, and strives to live up to the spirit that is in her. Look for the one you can spill your heart and soul to and know without a doubt that it is safe. Look for the girl who tries to live life to the fullest and has big ambitions and dreams for herself.
Look for her.
She does her best to grow. She looks to God. She loves her family, friends, and the gospel with all her heart. She'll be loyal, humble, and true. She will love you more than you can imagine. She will push you in new ways and want you to be better, just as you will do for her. Look for the girl you can see a future with. Remember she will be the mother of your future children. She'll be everything you want in a spouse. Because you deserve that. You deserve to have a happy, passionate life with your family; one that is full of love, laughter, and adventure. You need a best friend. Someone all your own.
She will also be real.
She will come with flaws and imperfections. She comes with pretty days and some not-so-pretty days. She will mess up; she will make mistakes. But she will try, gosh, will she try. Every day she will strive to be better than the day before. You will need to encourage her and uplift her on those days. Remind her why she is here and what she needs to do.
She's out there. You've just got to have to courage to get out there.... and try... one. more. time. Because she is doing the exact same thing. It's frustrating. It's hard. It seems hopeless and like you just want to give up, trust me on that one. But love doesn't just happen to you... it happens because of you. I think that's the point.
Love is worth the fight.
It makes your relationship that much more special.... Because both of you wanted it. You were willing to go out and FIND it, and then FIGHT for it. It took sacrifice to get where you both are today. And it has been so worth it. Just know, you can do it. That girl is out there, and just when you think that all is lost, BAM, she will show up. Keep your heart and eyes open. She'll have everything you thought you needed and more.
I AM THAT GIRL.
I am telling you that as much as I am telling myself that. I need to remind myself of who I am and who I am striving to become. To remind myself I am also worthy of that kind of love. I am that girl. That is who I want to be... for me, for you, and for our family. Look for that potential in you, and then see that potential in me. So while I am focusing on being the best me, I'll remember to keep an eye out for you. I promise I'll be open to the possibility when it happens. I'll believe in love one more time... if you will
Love,
That Girl
That Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment