Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

And That's Me....



I am twenty years old. I was born and raised here in this great state. Oldest in my family. I am finishing my Associate’s degree at Salt Lake Community College. Waiting to move on to bigger things. I am average height, average build, and average everything when it comes down to physically traits. But there is so much more to me than that. This body, with blonde hair and blue eyes, carries around much more than just “looks”.  It carries my soul, my personality, who I really am.
Describing oneself to another is not easy. You do not know me. I do not know you. There are so many things about me that writing cannot say or show. Sometimes you just need to experience who people are, you have to be around them, and see how they react to different situations to fully understand someone. You need to see them at their weakest, their strongest, and everything in between. See why they cry at certain things. Find out what makes them laugh, really laugh. Find out their worst fear. Listen to their hopes and dreams. Everyone has a story to tell if you are willing to listen. This goes the same for me. When you first look at me—or anyone for that matter—you automatically make assumptions about them. But what you think about a person is not the way they always are. It could take years to see someone as they really are.
Because some will never get the chance to fully experience me, I figured I should at least try to define who I am as a person so you have a better understanding of the girl who is writing this.

I am not a simple girl. I dream of big things. I have this amazing life, and I have great expectations for myself. I am always changing, the girl writing this today, may be different than the one you meet on the street next week. Experiences shape us. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But we always learn something.
I am an enthusiast in life. If I find something I love, I grab it with both hands. Life should not be mediocre, it should be passionate, alive. Life should be lived. I’m a traveler. I want to explore other countries and be a part of them and their culture. I have a restless soul, never satisfied, always craving more. Things are calling to me, and I must go. I want to learn. I want to experience. I am sensitive—and I’ve grown to like that about me. It allows me to empathize with others, it gives me intense awareness of people around me. Half of me is filled with bursting words while the other half is painfully shy. I try to find joy everywhere I go, and hope to leave a little behind when I leave. I don’t feel fully alive until I am doing something I have never done before—no matter how small it may be. I strive to be fierce and strong. I’m attracted to laughter. I’m a reader, writer, dancing-in-my-room, singing-in-my-car kind of girl. I just want people to look at me and the good I am trying to become. I want my heart and my passions to be the most beautiful things about me. I always believe something wonderful is about to happen. 
I just want to have a completely adventurous, passionate, weird life. 
 I dream of one day having a place to call home, with things filled inside that make me happy like books, pictures, souvenirs, and people that I love. I want to feel productive and satisfied with life, doing things that I love to do.  I want my life to make God belly-laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who enjoys it. I want to live a life that I can look back on and be proud of, and know that I fully lived it. It was completely mine. I want to look back and have no desire to change one single thing, because everything that happened led me to who I am and I am proud of the person I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment